TaxAct will be performing scheduled maintenance for Client Xchange on the following day:
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020, from 6 – 8 AM Central Time
During this maintenance, your clients will not be able to access the Client Xchange portal, MyTaxDocs.com.
This update includes:
- Client sign in now requires multi-factor authentication (MFA) by mobile phone number verification code or authentication app (such as Google Authenticator). This replaces the security questions previously asked upon account creation.
- Password reset will also require MFA via a verification code sent to the client’s email address used in their Client Xchange account.
- Branding on the client sign in page will contain a Client Xchange logo (in addition to any custom logo you have uploaded for your firm) after this maintenance has concluded.
- Ability to delete clients (and all their associated documents) from Client Xchange.
- Note: There is still no username recovery for clients. Instead, they continue to prompted to contact their practice owner for assistance.
Thank you for your patience as we work to ensure our systems are able to support you and your clients throughout the extended filing season.