Versions 1.17 (1040), 1.13 (1065, 1120), and 1.14 (1041, 1120S) are now available for TaxAct 2018 Professional Federal Editions. These versions include changes due to 2018 Federal Tax Extenders, including the following updated forms:
- Form 4136 – Credit for Federal Tax Paid on Fuels
- Form 5329 – Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and Other Tax-Favored Accounts
- Form 5695 – Nonbusiness energy property credit
- Form 8835 – Renewable energy, Indian coal facilities credit
- Form 8845 – Indian Employment Credit
- Form 8864 – Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel Fuels Credit
- Form 8900 – Railroad track maintenance credit
- Form 8908 – Energy efficient home credit
- Form 8911 – Alternative fuel refueling property credit
- Form 8917 – Deduction of qualified tuition and related expenses
- Note: For 2018 only, TaxAct will not automatically select the tuition and fees deduction. This is to allow any original returns created before the March 17, 2020 version 1.17 update to remain intact. If an amended return is to be filed to claim the deduction, please open the Education Summary Worksheet from the Documents Received folder and manually select the ‘Ded’ option.
- Schedule A Mortgage Insurance
TaxAct 2018 Professional can automatically check for updates by selecting Tools –> Options, and selecting “If already connected to the internet, automatically check for updates on program startup.” You can also check for software updates at any time by selecting Online –> Check for Updates.