We know you have options when it comes to selecting professional tax preparation software. Thank you for choosing TaxAct 2020 Professional Editions. We are continually working to improve our software to help Tax Professionals like you to be more efficient and effective, and to provide a product you and your clients can trust.
Throughout the tax year we will make information available to you using the Notification Center within TaxAct 2020 Professional. Subjects will include enhancements, updates, and form availability, among other things.
The following TaxAct 2020 Professional Editions are now available:
- Federal 1040 – Version 0.90
- Federal 1065 – Version 0.90
- Federal 1120 – Version 0.90
- Federal 1120S – Version 0.90
- Federal 1041 – Version 0.90
- Federal 990 – Version 0.90
For 2020, here’s what you’ll notice has been updated:
- State Prior Year Comparisons Reports
- Prepare returns faster with 1040 State Prior Year Comparison Reports! The new reports can compare the current year state returns to last year’s returns and reconcile any differences to prevent errors or overlooked information.
- preACK Easy Advances
- Attract and retain clients by offering a refund advance before e-file starts. You can enroll through Republic Bank and have the ability to provide a loan for your clients starting in early January until the beginning of the filing season. Sign up today on republicrefund.com.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Sign-in
- Security is essential for you and your clients’ data. Rest assured, TaxAct Professional has your back because we now have an enhanced our sign-in flow to include Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Increase Forms Coverage and E-File Capabilities
- Support more of your clients’ needs faster with the addition of new forms and e-file capabilities. For Tax Year 2020, you will be able to file Form 8990, Texas Franchise Tax Report for individual 1040 returns, and many more state worksheets and forms. Plus, you can now e-file AZ business tax returns, HI 1120 returns, and estimated tax payments for NJ 1040 and NM 1040.
- Improved Client Manager Search
- Find client records faster in Client Manager by using the added search bar to search for Client, SSN/EIN, Contact Email, and E-File Status.
- Data Management Tool
- Permanently delete Clients, Logs, and Online Backup data stored online. *Feature was also released for TaxAct 2019 Professional applications October 2020.
- TaxAct In-App EFIN Verification Status
- Know the status of your EFIN verification request without leaving the software. The EFIN status is displayed in the same place you enter the EFIN information in your preparer information.
- Online Storage Improvements
- For our Enterprise users opting for Online Storage, you’ll be able to locate your client records faster in the prior year import window with the new client search bar.
TaxAct 2020 Professional can automatically check for updates by selecting Tools –> Options, and selecting “If already connected to the internet, automatically check for updates on program startup.” You can also check for software updates at any time by selecting Online –> Check for Updates.
Again, thank you for choosing TaxAct Professional. If you need assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Pro Sales: ProSales@TaxAct.com, 319.536.3571
Account and software questions: Professional@TaxActService.com, 319.731.2682
Tax-related questions: ProTaxHelp@TaxAct.com, 319.731.2680
We look forward to working with you!