Official Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING. WINNING A PRIZE IS CONTINGENT UPON COMPLYING WITH THE OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES AND FULFILLING ALL CONDITIONS TO WIN, WHICH ARE FULLY DESCRIBED HEREIN.
GIVEAWAY IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, AND LINKEDIN. WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO WINNER NOTIFICATION AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) ACCORDING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT. READ ALL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
- Promotion Description: Social Media Giveaway (“Giveaway”) sponsored by TaxAct, Inc. (“TaxAct” or the “Sponsor”) begins at: 8:00 AM (ET) on May 3, 2023, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 14, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). Eligible entrants for the Giveaway have a chance to win a prize valued up to $200 each. Five (5) winners total. Limit one prize per person regardless of number of entries submitted.
- Eligibility: Participation open to those residing and located within the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“DC”) who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in the U.S. jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry and must be a Tax Professional/CPA/Accountant/Enrolled Agent (“Person” or “Entrant”), except employees of TaxAct, its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Giveaway, their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter: Via Social Media: Become a new follower on at least (1) of TaxAct’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn) during the Entry Period. One entry per person per social media platform. For each new follow, a separate entry will be submitted. By Mail: Alternatively, eligible entrants may send a handwritten letter that includes your first and last name, email address where Sponsor may contact you, and the following statement: “I have read and agree to the Official Rules of the TaxAct Social Media Giveaway” in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: TaxAct Pro Social Media Giveaway, 3200 Olympus, Suite 150, Dallas, TX 75019. One entry per mailing. All mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Entry Period and must be received no later than June 21, 2023, at 6:00 pm (ET). Limit three (3) entries per person regardless of method entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned except as provided herein. Proof of sending an entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, invalid, garbled, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, all of which will be disqualified.
- Limit on Entries: Limit one (1) entry per Person per social media platform (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn) for the Giveaway over course of the Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per mailing if entry is by mail. No more than three (3) entries total per person regardless of method of entry. Entries over these limits are void. All entries are Sponsor’s property.
- Random Giveaway Drawing / Prizes / Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) / Odds: On or about June 28, 2023, five (5) winners will be drawn at random by Sponsor from among all valid, eligible entries received over the course of the Entry Period. TaxAct reserves the right to conduct more than one random Giveaway drawing. Through the random Giveaway drawings, TaxAct plans to give away a total of five (5) prizes valued at approximately $200 each, each consisting of a $100 gift card plus TaxAct Professional branded merchandise, including two TaxAct Professional T-Shirts, one TaxAct Professional Leather Journal, one TaxAct Professional Wireless Charger, one TaxAct Professional Koozie, and a Custom Trophy Stress Reliever (valued at approximately $100, inclusive of shipping and handling costs). All decisions of Sponsor and/or administrator shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize depends upon the total number of eligible entries received over the course of the Entry Period. If applicable, each Giveaway winner may receive a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Giveaway. Total ARV is $1,000.
- Potential Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by either direct message via the social media platform through which their winning entry was submitted or by email in the case of a mail-in entry being selected. In response to the prize notification message on social media or email, where applicable, the potential winner must send a reply message or email (depending on whether notification is by message or email) with their first and last name, complete mailing address, and email address in order to claim the prize. Prizes will be delivered in part to the email address you provide and by shipment to the physical address you provide and otherwise in the manner and method determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Potential prize winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity and Advertising Consent and Release (“Prize Claim Documents”) (except where prohibited by law) and such other documents reasonably required by Sponsor as part of the prize claim process. All such documents must be signed and returned within five (5) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as provided for in these Official Rules. Any potential prize winner is subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. In the event any potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within three (3) business days of the first notification attempt and return his/her executed Prize Claim Documents within five (5) business days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of any prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable for any reason will result in disqualification.
- Conditions of Participation & Certain Restrictions: The participant is solely responsible for entering the Giveaway during the Entry Period, as well as properly claiming a prize within the time allotted as set forth above if selected as a Giveaway winner. Giveaway winners must agree to certain terms and conditions related to eligibility, release of liability, and Sponsor’s use of winner’s name and/or likeness for publicity, advertising, and promotional purposes, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) as part of the prize claim process. Noncompliance may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Once a prize has been delivered to the winner via email from Sponsor, the prize is considered “awarded.” Taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No cash equivalents, prize substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, wholesalers, retailers or distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Giveaway, any of the prizes awarded in the Giveaway and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of prize, and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Winners acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor its agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Giveaway.
- Contingency of Giveaway: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend the Giveaway and to award the available prizes via a random drawing from among all valid eligible entries received up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Governing Law & Forum: These Official Rules shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to choice of law or conflict of law principles. Any suit or proceeding brought in connection with the Giveaway or any aspect of or participation in the Giveaway shall be brought in state court located in Dallas County or federal court located in Dallas, Texas. The parties to any such suit or proceeding shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waive any and all objections based on jurisdiction, venue, or inconvenient forum. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND and to participate in a class action lawsuit or other class-wide method of dispute resolution.
- Entire Agreement: The Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between Sponsor and any and all Giveaway participants with respect to all aspects of the Giveaway. The Official Rules supersede and cancel any and all prior and contemporaneous negotiations, agreements, and understandings (oral and written) with respect to the Giveaway.
- Confidentiality: For information about how the Sponsor uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at Privacy Notice Statement – TaxAct.
- Winner’s List: To receive first name, last initial and city / state of residence of winners of prizes, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope accompanied with a signed, hand-printed request to “TaxAct Pro Social Media Giveaway Winner’s List”, TaxAct, Inc., ATTN: TaxAct Pro Marketing, 3200 Olympus Blvd., Suite 150, Dallas, Texas 75019. All requests must be received by September 28, 2023.
- Sponsor: TaxAct, Inc., 3200 Olympus, Suite 150, Dallas, Texas 75019.