In order to share software downloads, unlimited or prepaid e-filing, reporting, or services (such as Client Xchange, if purchased), the Practice Owner must send each additional preparer an e-mail invitation from the Practice Owner’s account (the account under which the program was purchased). The e-mail will include a unique link. The invited preparer must click this to associate his or her own TaxAct account to that practice ID.
You may follow the instructions below to invite a preparer from the Practice Owner’s account (the account under which the TaxAct program was purchased):
- Sign In to the Practice Owner’s TaxAct account on line.
- Click the Practice Administration tile.
- Click the Preparer Invitation dropdown menu.
- Fill out the invitee and Practice Owner names and email addresses on the form.
- Click the Send Email button to send the invitation e-mail.
- For security purposes, the Practice ID is not included in the invitation e-mail. The Practice ID should be provided separately to the invited preparer. The Practice ID is located in the upper right corner when logged into your TaxAct account online.
- On the computer where the invitee will be accepting the practice invitation, please ensure that no user is signed in on the TaxAct website before proceeding to step 8.
- The invitee must click on the Create a TaxAct account link in the e-mail to create a linked TaxAct account or click the sign in here link in the e-mail to link an existing account to the practice. Please note that you must click the applicable link from the invitation e-mail or the invitee’s TaxAct account will not be linked to the practice.
Practice Owners using cloud-based storage may also invite preparers from within the TaxAct program by selecting Preparer > Master Information > Preparers from the menu bar and clicking Invite next to the preparer entry.