Get ahead of the upcoming tax season with the 2019 Pre-Season Readiness Checklist.
- Order and download your TaxAct 2019 Professional Federal Preview Editions, if you haven’t already. For download, installation and setup instructions, see the 2019 Setup Guide.
- After installing your software, get a head start on 2019 returns:
- Import 2018 returns
- Estimate your clients’ federal and state taxes for year-end planning consults
- Prepare and send Client Organizers (reorganized to help your clients provide all the info you need.
- Read the “Latest News & Updates” — Click the link in the upper right corner of Client Manager throughout the year for important, timely information.
- Obtain or renew your PTIN by December 31 — See IRS renewal instructions.
- If you don’t have one, apply for an EFIN — The fastest way to apply is via your IRS e-Services Account.
- Verify your EFIN information with TaxAct. The IRS requires TaxAct to verify your IRS e-file application summary that includes your tracking number. This one-time verification process needs to be completed for each EFIN used in your office. If your information has been verified by TaxAct in a previous year, you do not need to resubmit your documentation.
- To submit your documentation, sign in to your TaxAct Professional account and complete the EFIN verification process. You will receive an email as soon as your information is verified. Submit now to avoid tax time processing delays!
- Order Client Xchange — Safely and conveniently exchange tax documents with clients on your own secure website portal. The receiving party receives an email notification whenever a document is uploaded. The low, annual fee of $99 includes unlimited storage and an unlimited number of preparers and clients. Learn more and order here.
- Get approved by Republic Bank or River City Bank — Give your practice a competitive edge and offer clients the convenience of refund transfers and refund advances. Applications are accepted for a limited time, so enroll now! Plus, enrollment is free and there’s no obligation. (If you enroll with Republic Bank, don’t forget to enter your 2019 RBIN in “Master Information”, as a new RBIN is assigned each year.)
- Enroll with Protection Plus — Even if you’re unsure you want to offer clients audit assistance and identity theft restoration services, it’s best to enroll now. Enrollment is free and there’s no obligation!
- Bookmark these TaxAct Professional pages — Create bookmarks on your web browser for single-click access to the latest information for:
Visit the TaxAct® Professional Support page if you have questions or want more information about these items.