It has come to our attention that some of our Tax Professionals may be experiencing issues with Value Payment Systems (VPS) within TaxAct® 2018 Professional.
- Do not select the “Pay Now” option within TaxAct Professional, as these payments will not be processed completely even if you see a hold placed on credit or debit card. This hold may be in place for up to eight days.
- To pay a client’s balance due using a credit or debit card:
- Select the “Pay Later” option within the software and go directly to payUSAtax to complete those payments.
- Alternatively, tax payments may be made through the IRS website.
- If you previously attempted to make payments using VPS through the software using the “Pay Now” option, you should resubmit those payments using one of the options listed above to ensure your clients’ taxes are paid in a timely manner.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your clients.